Useful Tips on When to Buy Maternity Clothes
With a baby on the way, there are many changes to adapt to, including how you dress. Maternity clothing can be a challenge even for the most fashion-forward moms-to-be because the body changes continuously, and clothes get tighter by the month. If you’re planning to shop for maternity clothing, here are a few tips to help you.
When to Buy Maternity Wear
Although the first trimester is a little early to purchase maternity wear, you may not have the time or energy to shop in the third trimester. So, how will you know when is the best time to switch from your usual clothes to maternity wear? A few hints that it’s time to get some maternity clothing are:
- When you can no longer sit without unbuttoning your pants
- When your dresses are feeling tight, especially around your middle
- When you are struggling to button your shirts
Although clothes like cardigans and stretchy pants might fit throughout your entire pregnancy, the above problems tell you it’s time to start getting maternity wear.
What to Look for in Maternity Wear
Here are a few staples to have in your maternity wardrobe.
- Leggings: They are perfect during pregnancy because they stretch as your body changes. Leggings are comfortable and allow freedom of movement. They’re versatile as well. You can pair them with tunics, oversized chambray shirts or cardigans, or tank tops. At Mother Bee Maternity, we sell leggings in a wide range of patterns and colors. And if you’re not a fan of leggings, try palazzo pants, capris, overalls, and maternity jeans.
- Maternity Dresses: Maternity dresses are must-have pieces in your wardrobe. They are comfortable, trendy, and perfect for flaunting your baby bump. At Mother Bee Maternity, we have a wide variety of maternity and nursing dresses, available in different colors and patterns. They can be dressed up or down and are perfect for every occasion, including baby showers and maternity photo shoots.
- Tunics: Tunics are perfect maternity tops. They look great with leggings or jeans, and they come in a variety of colors, patterns, and styles. The extra length makes them comfortable, and they give your growing baby bump plenty of room. Look for tunics made with light, stretchable fabrics.