The Pregnant Mom’s Guide To Shopping For The Best Maternity Leggings
Congratulations! You're pregnant! So it’s time to shop for some beautiful maternity dresses and leggings. The number one rule of shopping for maternity wear is this: the clothes MUST be comfortable. A lot is happening to your body, and comfortable clothing can make you feel confident; it’ll also help you look good. Maternity leggings should be in every pregnant woman’s closet. They’re stretchy, soft, and comfortable, and you can pair them with all kinds of clothes. Here’s everything you need to know about maternity leggings!
Types Of Maternity Leggings
Maternity leggings can be classified into two categories:
- Leggings with the under-belly waistband are also known as under-the-bump maternity leggings. They come with a stretchy band that expands to accommodate a growing belly. These leggings do not have a belly panel and they do not cover your bump.
- Leggings with an over-belly waistband are leggings that have a soft panel covering the belly. The panel is super soft and stretchy, and it can even support the bump.
Over the belly or under the belly? Which is the right choice for you?
- Over-the-belly leggings are suitable for all three trimesters. However, if you have itchy-belly syndrome, you should get under-the-belly leggings.
- Underbelly leggings are best for the initial stages of pregnancy and postpartum. They’re ideal for pregnant ladies who don't like extra pressure on their bellies.
How To Choose Pregnancy Leggings
Here’s how you should take measurements for maternity leggings:
- Waist: Measure around the fullest part of your belly, i.e. around the navel or just below it.
- Hips: Stand with your legs together and measure around the widest portion of your hips.
Use these measurements when looking through sizing guides that are provided by leggings manufacturers. Usually, during the first few months of pregnancy, you can wear leggings in your regular size, and you can move up sizes as your belly grows.
Can I Wear Leggings When Pregnant?
Yes, pregnancy leggings are specially designed to accommodate your growing bump, and they’ll provide extra support to your belly. They are safe to wear and extremely comfortable.
Can I Wear Regular Leggings During Pregnancy?
While you can pick regular leggings that are bigger, these don't provide support and coverage for your belly. This is why we recommend investing in a couple pairs of high-quality maternity leggings; you can wear these during every month of pregnancy.
The benefits of buying maternity leggings:
- Super-soft and stretchy
- Extra support for your growing belly
- Great for pairing with maternity tops and tees
How To Shop For Pregnancy Leggings
- Choose the right fabric: Cotton is the best material, as it’s breathable and soft on the skin. Other materials that work well during pregnancy are nylon and lycra.
- Thickness: You may not want thick materials during certain times of the year. Fleece-lined leggings, on the other hand, are perfect for winter.
- Length: Leggings are available in various sizes, including full-length and capri-length. Use the length that’s best for you!
- Pockets: Though not a must, leggings with pockets are great. You can store your phone, wallet, and other things in these.
Start shopping for the best maternity bottoms now. Buy colorful leggings and fleece-lined leggings at Mother Bee Maternity by clicking here.