The Best Way to Style Your Baby Bump in the Summer
Are you expecting your baby in the summer? Pregnancy can be stressful at any time of the year, but the extra heat of summer can make it even more difficult. Metabolic changes coupled with the progesterone released during pregnancy increases body temperature, causing you to sweat more than usual. But you don’t have to spend your pregnancy in uncomfortable clothing. At Mother Bee Maternity, we’ve put together a list of summer maternity clothing, including clothes that can be comfortable and fashionable.
- Tunics: Tunics are a great option if you are struggling to adapt to the changes with your body. They fit effortlessly over your bump, providing extended comfort and convenience. These maternity pieces usually come with slits on the sides to gently fit around your hips and thighs. They are dressier than casual shirts and are easy to style. You can wear them with a pair of jeans, leggings, or a long skirt. You can even wear them with a tie-on belt to shape your waist post-pregnancy. At Mother Bee, we sell tunics in different patterns, prints, and colors. Go for longer tunics, which you can even wear like a dress to stay cool when the weather is scorching.
- Tops: Maternity tops offer excellent comfort, especially during the summer season. These loose and flowing tops are a great piece to experiment with different styles. What’s even better is you can easily style them with maternity bottoms. At Mother Bee Maternity, you can shop maternity tops of varying sleeve lengths, patterns, and styles to look fabulous, especially in the summer.
- Empire Waist Dresses: If you want to flaunt your bump and stay comfortable, empire waist dresses are a great option to wear during the hot months. Like maternity tops, it offers extended comfort while highlighting your growing bump.
- Slip Skirts: When it comes to maternity bottoms, slip skirts are a favorite choice for mothers-to-be. The skirts usually have an elastic waist, allowing it to grow with your belly. These skirts look great when paired with tees or floral tops along with flats or low-heeled sandals.
- Maternity Jumpsuits: Maternity jumpsuits provide comfort all year round. In the warmer months, jumpsuits made using 100% linen or cotton keep you nice and cool. In the winter months, you can layer a top or shirt underneath to stay warm. They are easy to style and are fashionable for different occasions.